GDPR - What do I need to Know and Do as a Business
Time & Location
About The Event
GDPR came into force on 25 May 2018 and yet a lot of small and medium sized businesses are not compliant, just because they don't have enough information. From a consumer point of view, GDPR is a blessing, long-waited for. However, what does it mean for a business owner? Do you know what changes you are supposed to make, have you made them? What are the bad practices in data collection, processing and storage? We will answer these questions and many more.
What will we cover:
- What is GDPR and what is its purpose
- What is classified as personal data
- On what grounds are you allowed to collect, process and store personal data
- What your customers/contacts rights to the personal data you have of them
- Bad practices that will get you in trouble
- What is data breach and how must you react should one happen in your organisation/business
- How will Brexit affect GDPR and your rights to exchange personal data with other EU countries in a no-deal scenario
Who is this for:
- Any business owner, who is still not 100% clear on GDPR rules and regulations
- Any business owner, who trades in markets outside of the UK but within the EU.
- Anyone who would like to start a business and will need to handle personal contacts of prospective clients or is about to hire staff
- I am a sole trader, do I need to comply with GDPR? - Yes
- I am an independent consultant to a big brand, do I need to be GDPR compliant? - Yes, although your organisation should provide you with relevant GDPR training. If they haven't, you must familiarise yourself with data protection laws on your own terms.
- I have a lot of emails from my previous business/job, these people know me, can I just contact them in relation to my new company/business? - No! You need a specific consent to contact anyone with promotional/marketing material or content for a brand.
- Can I use publicly listed emails to promote my brand? - No.
If you have more questions like these, then you should certainly come to this seminar and fortify your business to avoid heavy penalties.
- Early Bird£55£550£0